FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ERROR DURING GOOGLE PHOTOS UPLOAD
If an error is encountered while we are in the process of uploading your files to Google Photos, you will need to upgrade your storage limit on your Google account. Instructions to do this are listed below. This is necessary because we need to load full/original size files to your Google Photos account. In order to store those files, Google requires you to purchase a monthly/annual account storage. Because you are storing family videos and all of your family photos on Google, we recommend the 2 TB plan. It may sound like a lot of storage, but 200GB is the next step down and collections are often bigger than that. Notify our team when you have completed the steps below, so we can finish loading your family videos.
Step 1: Login to your google account (g-mail is a common way to log in).
Step 2: In the upper right corner, you will see a circle with your initial or photo, with 9 dots in a square to the left.
Step 3: Click on the circle and select Manage your Google Account.
Step 4: Click on Account Storage, you will see a welcome screen with your name.
Step 5: Go to settings on the left side menu and then select Change Storage Plan.
Step 6: Select the upgrade option that was recommended above (2 TB) and follow prompts to check-out.
GOOGLE PHOTOS VS. AMAZON PHOTOS
* Back up unlimited photos and videos, up to 16MP and 1080p HD. Access them from any phone, tablet, or computer on photos.google.com – your photos will be safe, secure, and always with you.
* Your photos are organized and searchable by the places and things in them – no additional tagging required. Just search "dog" to find all the photos of your pup.
* Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
* Pool photos with friends and family using shared albums. So you never miss a moment, no matter what device everyone has.
* Two-way sync between phone and Google Photos, using the Google Photos App.
* You can share space with up to 5 family members.
* Google Photos only offers one-way sync between your computer and Google Photos. This means that you have to delete photos from both your Google Photos account and your computer.
* You will need to perform regular downloads of your Google Photos account to keep an updated copy on your computer/back-up hard-drive. This can be scheduled monthly for six months at a time, using Google's download scheduler: Takeout.google.com
* If you currently have photos on Google, we need to delete them before uploading your new library. We run a fresh back-up and save it for you, whenever we perform this action.
* Google Photos is user specific, meaning that we will need to select one of your accounts as the primary account. The other person will need to share their photos going forward if they are to be included/added to the primary account.
* Amazon Photos is a secure online storage service for your photos and videos
* Every Amazon customer gets 5 GB of free storage to save, share, and access their photos on desktop, mobile, and tablet.
* Amazon Prime members receive unlimited photo storage (Photos only, not videos). They also receive enhanced search and organization features. Using the Family Vault, they can invite up to five members to receive unlimited photo storage and collect photos together.
* Easy to order prints, integration with FireTV
*Video files over 20 minutes cannot be viewed using Amazon Photos. You will need to download them to a computer to play.
At this time, we cannot confirm a working 3 way sync.
* It does not read metadata from photo and video files. Photos are only searchable based on their image recognition software. This software is known to have issues. This does not always coincide with your keywords.