FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PACKAGE RESTRICTIONS & ADD-ON CHARGES
Packages include up to 50,000 total files and/or 10 sources or devices. Additional charges will be applied to whichever is greater.
50,000 Total files are included within the package price. Total files include all file types prior to removal of duplicates, or the total number of files we are working with and sorting through. Files in addition to 50,000 will incur an add-on charge of $599 per additional batch of up to 50,000 total files. For example: 135,000 files would incur 2 add-on charges of $599 (for a Full Circle package) or $499 (for a Consolidation or Organization package).
Up to 10 sources or devices are included within the package price. A source is defined as either a physical or virtual storage device or application that is storing digital files. An external hard-drive, iCloud account, Amazon Photos account, an old computer, a SD card, a CD or an old iPhoto library are all examples of a source. Sources in addition to 10 will incur an add-on charge of $599 per additional batch of up to 10 sources. For example: 26 sources would incur 2 add-on charges of $599 (for a Full Circle package) or $499 (for a Consolidation or Organization package).
File conversions will be charged hourly at $125/Hour.
Non-Photo/Video file organization will be handled hourly if requested.
Shipping charges incurred will be billed directly to client
An external hard drive may be requested and purchased for a client and loaded with a copy of their photo library and duplicates if requested for a load charge of $90. The cost of the external hard drive will be billed directly to the client. A hard drive may also be provided by the client, in which only the load charge of $90 will apply.
Duplicate Removal covers the removal of exact duplicates only. These exact duplicates will be identified using a combination of software and a technician. We define an exact duplicate as the same visual photo, regardless of whether it has the same name, date and time, or file format. You may elect to preserve exact duplicates in multiple formats if you prefer, but this request needs to be made in writing to the SurroundUs team. Near duplicates can also be curated and removed in an efficient manner for an additional hourly charge of $125/hour.
Project Delays will incur a monthly storage charge if the delay is due to a client related or requested delay. The monthly storage charge will be $90/month for up to 2TB of data storage. Additional TBs will be charged at $45/TB/Month. If the project delay requires any re-work, like getting access again or additional downloads, the repeated work will be charged hourly at $125/hour.
Consolidation is included for up to 2 hours/source. Some sources like Shutterfly, Snapfish, corrupted iCloud accounts or photo libraries, Forever may require consolidation in excess of 2 hours. If one of your sources requires additional time, this time will be billed hourly at $125/Hour.
Included software solutions. Apple Photos, Google Photos, Forever, Amazon Photos, Mylio and Microsoft One-Drive will be included at no additional charge with the following restrictions.
Organization is performed within the software systems using their organization tools. This may include the setup of keywords, albums, or folders depending on which system is selected. Additional organization above and beyond 20 total buckets (this usually includes 10 people and 10 albums) will incur additional hourly charges of $125/Hour.
Forever – Facial recognition is not currently supported or available as part of the Full Circle package. Facial recognition can be performed independently as a hourly charge ($125/Hour) and then tagged and imported into Forever.
Mylio – Facial recognition will require that you provide photos of each person you want tagged as we will be unable to prompt this with the software.
Maintenance and Hourly Restrictions and Potential Add-on charges:
Project Delays will incur a monthly storage charge if the delay is due to a client related or requested delay. The monthly storage charge will be $90/month for up to 2TB of data storage. Additional TBs will be charged at $45/TB/Month. If the client is using a minimum of 2 hours each month, the initial 2TB storage fee will be waived.
All maintenance and hourly work will be billed at an hourly rate based on resources time performing the requested services.
ERROR DURING GOOGLE PHOTOS UPLOAD
If an error is encountered while we are in the process of uploading your files to Google Photos, you will need to upgrade your storage limit on your Google account. Instructions to do this are listed below. This is necessary because we need to load full/original size files to your Google Photos account. In order to store those files, Google requires you to purchase a monthly/annual account storage. Because you are storing family videos and all of your family photos on Google, we recommend the 2 TB plan. It may sound like a lot of storage, but 200GB is the next step down and collections are often bigger than that. Notify our team when you have completed the steps below, so we can finish loading your family videos.
Step 1: Login to your google account (g-mail is a common way to log in).
Step 2: In the upper right corner, you will see a circle with your initial or photo, with 9 dots in a square to the left.
Step 3: Click on the circle and select Manage your Google Account.
Step 4: Click on Account Storage, you will see a welcome screen with your name.
Step 5: Go to settings on the left side menu and then select Change Storage Plan.
Step 6: Select the upgrade option that was recommended above (2 TB) and follow prompts to check-out.
GOOGLE PHOTOS VS. AMAZON PHOTOS
* Back up unlimited photos and videos, up to 16MP and 1080p HD. Access them from any phone, tablet, or computer on photos.google.com – your photos will be safe, secure, and always with you.
* Your photos are organized and searchable by the places and things in them – no additional tagging required. Just search "dog" to find all the photos of your pup.
* Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
* Pool photos with friends and family using shared albums. So you never miss a moment, no matter what device everyone has.
* Two-way sync between phone and Google Photos, using the Google Photos App.
* You can share space with up to 5 family members.
* Google Photos only offers one-way sync between your computer and Google Photos. This means that you have to delete photos from both your Google Photos account and your computer.
* You will need to perform regular downloads of your Google Photos account to keep an updated copy on your computer/back-up hard-drive. This can be scheduled monthly for six months at a time, using Google's download scheduler: Takeout.google.com
* If you currently have photos on Google, we need to delete them before uploading your new library. We run a fresh back-up and save it for you, whenever we perform this action.
* Google Photos is user specific, meaning that we will need to select one of your accounts as the primary account. The other person will need to share their photos going forward if they are to be included/added to the primary account.
* Amazon Photos is a secure online storage service for your photos and videos
* Every Amazon customer gets 5 GB of free storage to save, share, and access their photos on desktop, mobile, and tablet.
* Amazon Prime members receive unlimited photo storage (Photos only, not videos). They also receive enhanced search and organization features. Using the Family Vault, they can invite up to five members to receive unlimited photo storage and collect photos together.
* Easy to order prints, integration with FireTV
*Video files over 20 minutes cannot be viewed using Amazon Photos. You will need to download them to a computer to play.
At this time, we cannot confirm a working 3 way sync.
* It does not read metadata from photo and video files. Photos are only searchable based on their image recognition software. This software is known to have issues. This does not always coincide with your keywords.